7 Tips Recycle Nespesso Capsules
Table of Contents Quick Navigation
- How to recycle Nespresso capsules?
- 1. Take to your nearest Nespresso recycling outlet
- 2. Save your capsules & make useful things!
- 3. Save your capsules and make Christmas decorations.
- 4. Share them with a craft organization
- 5. Scoop out the capsule and re-use with a sticky foil lid, you can buy them on see this amazon link click here
- 6. Invent a way to recycle recycle them
- 7. Use them as seed pods to cultivate seedlings for you veggie garden or decorative indoor cactus planters (see the picture from pinterest below)
If you’re a nespresso coffee drinker you might end up with a pile of unused empty nespresso pods and not be sure about the best way to recycle them.
You’re not the only one with this problem; because nespresso recycle centres are not always conveniently located a lot of nespresso users don’t ever bother to recycle their pods.
It’s easier to justify not recycling them when you first get your machine because putting 1 tiny pod into the normal garbage just doesn’t seem enough to worry about.
The problem is 1 tiny capsule turns into hundreds. I can vouch for that because with no recycling outlet in my local area, I decided to put mine in a box.
In a very short time I ended up with a smelly, wet, mouldy box. This is my Nespresso waste from 3 months use.
I had no idea what to do with them when i first started drinking nespresso.
They didn’t fit with the guidelines for our local council recycle bin. With the aluminium shell and plastic inner lining our local recycle centres would not be able to process them. I was left collecting them in a box and left wondering how to recycle my nespresso pods.
In the end, I found some great ways to recycle nespresso pods.
How to recycle Nespresso capsules?
1. Take to your nearest Nespresso recycling outlet
Collect your capsules and take advantage of a nespresso recycle program that offers free postage collect but these offers are not available in every country.
2. Save your capsules & make useful things!
Make art,sculptures, Jewellery, or craft. See below in the pinterest picture of candle holdes, earrings, brooches all made from recycled nespresso capsules in the pinterest picture.